The pages of the site!

Followers(P.S. Hi.)

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

And in that moment I swear, I was Edgar Allan Poe

There's a story we were assigned to read over winter break for American Lit. It was called "The Black Cat" by Edgar Allan Poe.
So of course, I completely forgot about it until the weekend before school started. After I got through the first paragraph I sped right through it. It was such a weird story, but I liked it, even though I couldn't see any of it's relevance to anything whatsoever. 
Basically it's about this man and his wife that own tons of animals, but the cat is the husband's absolute favorite. He comes home drunk and in rage, he gouges out the cat's eye. So of course in the morning the cat is frightened of him. And as time passes, the cat continues to be frightened of the husband. 
Upset and guilty, he kills the cat to put it out of its misery. And the same night, his house burns down and the cat is burned into the wall. 
Coincidence? 
I THINK NOT. 
He finds another cat that looks almost identical to his old one, but with a white patch on it's chest. The cat takes immediate liking to him. He says the more fond of him the cat grows, the more he loathes it. And finally he hates the cat so much when his wife and him descend into the basement for something, the cat nearly trips him, so he takes an ax and makes to kill the cat. 
But the wife stops him. 
So he kills her. 
She's dead, the cat's gone. He walls her body up in a chimney space in the basement. When the police look for her body, he has to show off and tap the wall. 
The cat SCREAMS from inside the wall, and the police tear the wall down and discover her body, and the husband is killed. It turns out he had walled the cat up with the body. 

And this is the part that pertains to me. 
For the last couple of weeks, when I come home my cat feels the need to follow me EVERYWHERE. 
She'll lay on top of me while I'm reading, or jump in my lap when I'm eating. Or she'll run ahead of me and sit on the computer chair in the hallway and wait for me to move her so I can sit down. And she waits outside my bedroom door for me to come out to follow me somewhere else. She weaves in and out of my legs and sleep next to me if I'm watching TV in the living room. 
Basically, whatever I do she's there. O.O
And it's been going on for the longest, and I'm fairly certain I'm going to go insane. I've already started to get annoyed and shove her off chairs when she sits next to me. 
If she doesn't chill out with her following me all over the place, I will go Black Cat up in here. I will put her in the wall. Haha, not really, but I don't know what she wants from me. D:
At first I didn't understand how you could hate something that loves you so much. But I understand, I understanddddd.
Delaney 
In other news, I have a problem with telling jokes. I literally cannot stop. 
I find them so much funnier than any normal person should. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a freaking awesome story, especially your cat. XD I probably am the same about jokes. I laugh at everything so I enjoy them. Only the awful ones are the kind I tell Emma.

    ReplyDelete

Do you think that our blog was cool? Funny? Maybe even hilarious? Then tell us, or if you know one of us personally then you can just say HEY, or anything else.
ALL COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!