The pages of the site!

Followers(P.S. Hi.)

Sunday, August 18, 2013

This Summer

Yes. I realize it isn't over. But there's only two weeks left, and most of my summer activities are done.
I worked at summer camp with people I love. And I also spent time with friends and family. But not much.
I was gone a lot, out of the twelve/thirteen weeks of summer, I was gone about 7 weeks, whether it was at Mystic or Band Camp.
At Mystic I met a lot of really cool people, campers and the counselor's I worked with. Being in a different perspective being someone who worked with people who had been my counselor and getting to know them better. I could be myself, and no one actually judged me, and I could be weird, and people would be weird back, and weird would be normal. It was one of the best summer's I've ever had.
But at the banquet I realized that some people that are important to me, I am not important to them. At home I have three or four friends that probably think I'm important to them. And they care about me, and want to hang out with me. But at camp everyone was saying how they only have friends at camp and they mean the world to them, but for me it's the exact opposite.
I found myself standing around looking awkward, holding plates of food for people who were taking pictures of each other, or I was the one taking the pictures of other people. And I wasn't in the staff picture, and everyone had inside jokes with everyone else, and I found myself feeling less and less important, and that I didn't make an impact on anyone else, except for my own personal experiences. Which may or may not be true, because no one ever comes up to you and says "YOURE IMPORTANT TO ME."
Although I wish they did.
But basically that was all I had to say, I had this all planned out to be really long and inspirational or something, but as usual, my stuff doesn't turn out like that. It always turns out like a bunch of thoughts put together that dont really mean anything. But yeah anywayssss~
Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you think that our blog was cool? Funny? Maybe even hilarious? Then tell us, or if you know one of us personally then you can just say HEY, or anything else.
ALL COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!