The pages of the site!

Followers(P.S. Hi.)

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Alpha Team Zooloo and our Adventures

I actually feel like Mystic Lake is one of my many homes. I really, really love it there. And this time I went back, I was going in with a different perspective, I was going in as someone with a counselor responsibility.
The first week, we were learning. I made so many new friends, and we bonded so much, we left practically brother and sister's. It was the best experience I could have ever expected to come from C.I.T's. We had the best people out of both L.I.T. groups last year. And we had absolutely no issues with each other, and that was just amazing.
Out overnight was so completely beautiful, I laughed so hard, I almost peed myself. And Andrew played his guitar, playing "Wagon Wheel", and "Banana Pancakes" as many times as we asked. And the reflections that made everyone serious enough to finally go to bed. And yelling "Pumpkin!" "Dill Pickle!" from the tents.
And when we stargazed, in the night, and woke up early in the morning to sing Christmas Carols to the boys in the other cabin. Crawling out of bed in the morning, and groggily tripping over roots and trees and bridges yelling "hole!" when we approached the part in the bridge without a board revealing a huge hole that went straight to the water. And when the boys would scare us with the glow in the dark mask in the night.
The chanting, at lunch and dinner, screaming for people to spin the wheel, get a lake, to see Andrew be a monkey, to see Rob drink hot sauce, Joe to get a salsa beard, Katie to get a bean beard, Shelby to get a weather report. High Ropes, climbing the wall, riding bikes and jumping a broken unstable bench and Cooper going over the handlebars every single time.
Then the Live-In week, where we actually were counselors. And all my campers, thought I was 18. And when we took our breaks outside on Bruno's chair. And when my camper Emily told me all about her zoo plan, and how she was going to have a parrot that would say "Help, I've been turned into a parrot." When we watched Walle because it was raining out, and I was awake for the first 15 minutes and then I fell asleep for the entire movie, until Shannon woke me up to critique me on how I was counseling. And the Cookie Raid, when we snuck in and stole a bunch of cookies, and they really believed we stole them from someone. And when we ate dinner at Ricky's, and saw his Bowling Alley carpet on the stairs. And ate the amazing food his wife cooked, and talked about how a ghost put a piece of toilet paper in the toilet in cabin 1/2 just to mess with Mariah.
When we screamed songs and yelled people's names out of our group to spin the wheel. We were no longer C.I.T.'s, we were Alpha Team Zooloo, so no one knew we weren't actual counselors. And Nicky and I had a deep life conversation out on the deck of our cabin wrapped in blankets and pillows with cake in to the night until Justin, Jess, Caitlin and Andi brought us forks and Sprite and we talked until we both dropped off to sleep. When we woke up it was early in the morning, and we finally came inside, only to have it thunderstorm overnight.
And that midnight ice-cream party that scared everyone. Running through the night, thinking he was so mad at us, only to find ice-cream, and half the staff in the basement of Spikehorn Lodge.
And that last night, with Evaluations, and we were all so scared, and Andrew and Shannon, were so chill while we waited for them to pick our names. And we were led up the stairs wondering what they were going to say, and they turned out not to be that bad. And then partying downstairs with Ezra, serenading us, telling us he was going to cry and miss us so much, when he couldn't even remember our names.
You guys were all so amazing, and I'm going to miss you all so much!!!!!
Hope you see ALLLLL of you next year, and congratulations to those who got called back! :D
Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you think that our blog was cool? Funny? Maybe even hilarious? Then tell us, or if you know one of us personally then you can just say HEY, or anything else.
ALL COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!