The pages of the site!

Followers(P.S. Hi.)

Monday, August 6, 2012

"And maybe if I talk long enough it'll make sense."

"Fahrenheit 451" quote because I'm awesome like that.
Actually no, it's my summer reading project and I procrastinated so long, I'm only on page 75. But it's ok. I probably won't get it done, you know with band camp around the corner, and I still don't know my music. . .
Wow.
I need to stop procrastinating.
Well this is probably going to be a long post because I haven't written in awhile, and there are those small things that I remember that I could make an entire blog post about, but then I forget them and they float away, and it's like I remembered that for a reason, but I forget because that's how I roll.
Well as everyone knows now, it was my birthday on Friday.
15. Years. Old.
Not so different from 14, right? Right.
Then why does it feel like my age makes me so much older, I don't feel any older than like, 9. I definitely don't act any older than 9. But the jump from 14 to 15 seems so huge.
Kind of like how I felt when I went from 1st grade to 2nd grade. I went from the little kids end of the school with the kindergartners to the big kids, the 5th graders across the hall, and we went from learning to make letters to multiplication and double digit subtraction problems.

But anyways, I spent the entire week trying to figure out where to go out to eat, and I couldn't decide. I wanted to go some place we don't usually go, but there weren't any places that had good food and we didn't go to very often. So then we were talking about maybe going out for breakfast instead, and I was thinking of places and I realized this place we live by that always has this line with people standing outside. It's a really small building, painted a fading turquoise color, and yellow that reminded me of the color of my old bedroom. It's called Golden Harvest.
So we decided, heck with it, we were gonna go. So we woke up earlyish. We got there and there was already a line, but we waited and sat in their chairs for a good 45 minutes, and the lady with the pink hair would call out the door "table for 4 tops!" because it's really small, and can only really seat 30 people. And we would go on the honor system and the people that were there first would go in. And so finally it came to us, we were the last people that were there when we got there. If that makes sense. And we went in, and it was by far the interesting place I went into.
It looks all cute, from the outside, maybe it was even normal in there. We couldn't really tell, it was like this mystery, "what does it look like in there?" we'd think every time she opened the door. There would be music, and you could see some sparkly things hanging from the ceiling, but it was darker in there than outside, so you couldn't really see a whole lot.
But we finally went in, and it was very small, and jam packed with people, people we hadn't even seen sitting outside. People squashed at tables, at the counter by the kitchen. And the walls were COVERED.
Covered in pictures, stickers, little knick knacks, TV trays, coloring book pages, signs, books, little trophies, masks, little glittery balls puff balls hanging from the ceiling. It was a clutter. A clutter that was overwhelming, but ok at the same time. Everything was so eccentric, from the people, to the clutter to the way the menu was, and how small everything was, and the rules on the door, the music they played (really REALLY loud dubstep) and the food. I got the "Cinnaswirl Strawberry and Cream French Toast." Which was so delicious, I can't stand it.
We were in there for awhile, eating our food, talking to the lady with the pink hair, and when we left we went into Staples smelling like breakfast. We got Wi-fi, finally. Happy Birthday to me, haha.
Then I spent the day hooking up the Wi-Fi and using it until Cassandra came over, BIKED over, mind you. And gave me some silly gifts. Including an alpaca magazine from some alpaca store thing she was at, some cute robot earrings, an Ugly Doll, the coolest card ever, a bird necklace and a friendship bracelet she made.
Then we drank Arizona's and walked to the lake by my house and listened to some 11 year olds yell at us to try to make "friends" because they thought they were so cool. And then some people we knew were there fishing and stuff. And after like 2 hours, we walked back. And then we jumped on the trampoline and then we ended up taking her home to get stuff to bring back to spend the night. Making up stories of what the kids that we saw sitting on the street surrounded by cop cars had done. Watching the Batman movie from 1989 that I had seen countless times when I was a kid because she had never seen it. Starting Batman Begins and then both falling asleep.
I found I share a birthday with Martha Stewart and Ryan Lochte, the USA Olympic swimmer.

But anyways, Band camp is next week, and I'm actually nervous. Because I can't play this drum, and I don't have the motivation to learn my music, and it's hard, because I can't even read music. And they move too fast at the sectionals, and we have to have all of our music memorized by band camp. LOL OK.

Never a dull moment in the life of me,
Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you think that our blog was cool? Funny? Maybe even hilarious? Then tell us, or if you know one of us personally then you can just say HEY, or anything else.
ALL COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!