The pages of the site!

Followers(P.S. Hi.)

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

This is a post about how my life is spiraling out of control quickly

OK SO SCHOOL HAS STARTED AND I WAS COMPLETELY UNPREPARED.
I mean I did jump into all honors in the 10th grade, not to mention throw in marching band, and swimming.
And the second week of school after a football game and 3 swim meets, you add morning practice everyday in addition to the afternoon practice for swimming, and then marching band practice for 4 hours on Wednesday.

WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO.
But basically I just wanted to talk about swimming because it's consuming my life, considering school goes by so fast because I have lunch after 5th hour and I'm just waiting for lunch all day.
So today at afternoon practice we did this thing called a threshold set. For any of you who don't know what a threshold set is, which I would assume a lot of you don't, because I only know of the people on my swim team that would want to swim, and would know what that is. But anyways. A threshold set is where they take your average time for a certain length of the pool. So for a 50 yard event at a cruising speed is about :44. So for 8, 50 yard lengths they want me to go faster than a :47 each time.
So today instead of 50's we did 100 yard lengths. WHICH I ABSOLUTELY HATE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE WORST LENGTH IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. They are that awkward pace between a sprint and cruising.
So we did 7 100 lengths, and my time was to be done with it and back at the 1:40. Not to mention 5 seconds before we start Chase walks in with this stupid McDonald meal and a pop, and has to time me, and I feel like he's judging me the entire time, chomping on them french fries, when he goes like a 1:03.
So I do 7 of them, and die every single 50. And I went a 1:41 ONCE.
Once I'm done with that, I'm out of breath and these goggles are hurting my head too much, and I get this horrible headache. And then we work on flip turns, and I literally got punched in the face by someone's hand, knocking open the cut on the bridge of my nose from a previous accident of the same nature. And I have to go behind everybody in my lane because I'm the slowest. Then we split into random groups to work on different strokes together, and of course everything I do is wrong, so the coach is yelling 48959864593420 things at me that I'm doing wrong, and I'm already annoyed and my head hurts and I'm tired, and the last thing I want is to be yelled at about swimming.
And coach wouldn't listen to me when I told him I wasn't going to be there tomorrow afternoon, so I guess I just won't tell him then, and he'll have to wonder why I'm not there.
None of you care, sorry, have a nice day.
Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you think that our blog was cool? Funny? Maybe even hilarious? Then tell us, or if you know one of us personally then you can just say HEY, or anything else.
ALL COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!