The pages of the site!

Followers(P.S. Hi.)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

IT'S ALIVE!

I haven't posted on this blog in a year. :O Haha. 
I like the fact that I've had time to post on here if I wanted to, but haven't, because I'm so lazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :P Since swimming and marching band ended, I've had more time, but I haven't actually done the things I said I would when I had more time. I haven't read more books, I haven't made friendship bracelets, and I haven't written a blog post in a longgggg time. 
But today I took a break from watching the Twilight Zone marathon that comes on every New Year and always keeps me glued to the TV for two days, to clean up the blog, update some stuff, give it a new look, bring it back to life. 
Sorry to the followers, who are my family who have long forgotten I have a blog, or fake followers Alexis made me a long time ago, and the maybe 3 people that are actually my friends. I haven't posted in awhile. :P 

New Year's is probably the most appropriate time to begin writing on the blog again. Fresh start and stuff. So here is the obligatory post about how good my 2012 was and how I'm gonna make 2013 better. 

2012 was, like any other year. It moved too quickly, the months passing by before I had time to get anything done. In the summer I didn't change my calendar from June, so I could pretend it was still June all summer. It hung there, stuck on June, the same Peanuts comic representing the month, all summer. 

The winter and spring went by so fast, we were looking forward to the end of the school year, and we just tumbled through January, February, March, April, May, and school was out. 

The summer came and went, even though it was June for 3 months. I went to camp, came back, swam, went to band camp and I flew down the time hill that led me to the beginning of the school year again. 

Those months were so busy, I calculated my time in weeks, because I couldn't keep track of the days. Between swimming and football games, and trying to balance a social life and sleep at the same time, it was the middle of November before I could blink. 

And then I thought I had all this time because I wasn't doing anything anymore. But all of a sudden it was Thanksgiving Break, and then it was Winter Break. Then it was Christmas, and it went by so fast I didn't even see the Christmas spirit. 

And now it's 2013, and it won't be any different. It seems as though it's a new beginning and everyone has resolutions and ideas to make this year great. But we all know, no one keeps their resolutions, and we'll all write the wrong year on all of our papers for the first 3 months, and soon enough it will be exactly like 2012, the only difference is the number. 
Delaney
P.S. I mean, not to say your year can't be great if you want it to be. . .
That sounds a bit pessimistic, I'm sorry. :P Happy New Year, everybody. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the years are passing by. I believe I'm in the same grade as you and I just feel like the threat of graduating and college are just looming in my face. I wouldn't mind it slowing down a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Do you think that our blog was cool? Funny? Maybe even hilarious? Then tell us, or if you know one of us personally then you can just say HEY, or anything else.
ALL COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!